The field of nursing is significant and essential to the healthcare sector. It is a career that calls for compassion, commitment, and a high degree of knowledge. If you are thinking about becoming a nurse, you have definitely heard of two different nursing programs: ANM vs GNM.
Two of the most well-liked nursing programs in India are ANM (Auxiliary Nursing and Midwifery) and GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery). Auxiliary nurse midwifery is known as ANM, while general nursing and midwifery are known as GNM. Before choosing which course to enroll in, it’s critical to comprehend the difference between ANM and GNM in terms of features and advantage.
Difference between ANM vs GNM
10+2 (Min. 45%)
10+2 (Min. 45%)
Hindi / English / Both
Hindi / English / Both
1.5 Lakhs Per Annum
2-3 Lakhs Per Annum
Healthcare providers in clinics, hospitals, and nursing homes
Registered nurses in hospitals, healthcare facilities, and community health centers
Clinical Nurse Specialist, Forensic Nursing, Teacher & Junior Lecturer, Receptionist & Entry Operator, Sale-purchase Assistant, Madam, In-charge & Helper, Legal Nurse Consultant, Brand Representative & Hyper, Travelling Nurse, Emergency Room Nurse, and Midwife Nurse
Clinical/Hospital Nurse, Legal Consulting Nurse, Teachers, Forensic Nurse, Home Nurse, Midwife Nurse, Emergency Care Nurse, Mental Health Care, Nursing Educator, Child Nurse, Social Worker, Community Nurse, Forensic Nurse, Health Promotion Official
Eligibility Criteria of ANM and GNM
To be eligible for courses in ANM or GNM, you need to have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board or university. The minimum age limit is usually 17 years, and the maximum age limit is around 35 years.
Overall, the requirements for admission to ANM and GNM programs are rather simple, with a focus on having earned a 10+2 diploma or its equivalent from a recognized board or institution. Research is essential before applying because various institutions could have somewhat different criteria.
Skills Required for ANM and GNM
Vital Signs Screening And Management
Emergency And Urgent Care
Education For Patients And Their Families
Knowledge Of Technology
Admission Process of ANM and GNM course
The courses in GNM/ANM are open to nursing students who have completed their class 12 exams new mark sheet as necessary. Performance in class 12 exams is a major factor in a candidate’s admission to GNM College in Udaipur. According to how well applicants performed on the 10+2 test, colleges publish a merit list.
For these degrees, some institutions also run their own entrance examinations, while others only admit applicants who pass entry exams for state-level diplomas. Ayush Group Of Education is the best institute for GNM course in Udaipur and it will only consider applicants who pass the entrance exams.
Why Enrolling in Ayush Group of Education?
There are a number of reasons why enrolling in Ayush Group of Education’s Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery (ANM) and General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) programmes in Udaipur can be a smart move.
- In-Demand Career: Programmes in ANM and GNM provide access to a highly sought-after career. There are many career options because the healthcare business is always in need of qualified nurses.
- Quick Entry: ANM and GNM courses are more accessible and shorter than those in lengthy medical programmes. You can get started in your job really fast and start a fulfilling journey of providing care for others.
- Impact on the Community: As a nurse, you will be essential to patient care. Your work has a direct impact on people’s health and well-being, whether you work in clinics, hospitals, or homes.
- Rewarding Work: You will get great satisfaction of enjoyment from fulfilling individual needs of the necessary attention, assistance, and comfort.
- Versatility: Training in ANM and GNM can lead to a variety of nursing opportunities, including caring for older adults and children. You could decide to concentrate on a field that shares your passion and areas of interest.
- Profession Growth: You can progress in your nursing profession by taking on responsibilities with more responsibility and higher compensation with experience and more education.
The healthcare sector has plenty of work options for graduates of both the ANM and GNM programs. While GNM is a 3-year diploma program that offers a more thorough education in nursing and midwifery, ANM Institute in Udaipur is a 2-year diploma program that concentrates on teaching fundamental skills and knowledge in healthcare services, and that’s one of the few differences between ANM and GNM. So choose wisely!
Join Ayush Group of Education in Udaipur for our ANM and GNM courses. We’re here to support your journey to becoming a nurse and helping others. Visit now!
Follow us on facebook – @ayushgroupofeducation